Thursday, December 12, 2013

Amir Free Will 3

                                                                    "I looked at the round face in the Polaroid again, the way the sun fell on it. My brother's face. Hassan had loved me once, loved me in a way that no one ever had or ever would again. He was gone now, but a little part of him lived on. It was in Kabul. Waiting. I found Rahim Khan praying namaz. I told him i was going to Kabul." -Amir , The Kite Runner


Amir went to go rescue his nephew in Kabul Sohrab. When he decides to do this he is finally being a man and choosing to stand up for something. He is doing this to redeem himself from his past sins committed against Hassan. Amir know's by saving Hassan's little boy from the hell that Afghanistan had become he will be saving himself. Sohrab was his last chance at redemption. His salvation. To be good again. Amir will have made up his mistakes through Sohrab. Each day with Sohrab will be beautiful because Sohrab saved his life both physically and mentally. Amir will be at peace and finally be able to move on with his life. With Sohrab along by his side.


No comments:

Post a Comment